Monday, November 24, 2008

+FLY+

The other night was pretty unreal and there were a few moments where I could not tell if I was alive on Earth or Heaven or Sandy Otherwhere. I grabbed Katie by the hand and said "wanna fly?"

Afterwards, she exclaimed that she felt like she was breathing for the first time and flung her arms out like she was receiving some great hug from God[dess]. This made me happy.

AcroYoga is what I guess is the new BIG thing.
I see alot of this at clubs like LOVE (NYC) and at Burning Man. Pretty much wherever contact improv jammers, hippies, and yoga folk gather. I was slightly interested and then my friend Niko kind of just up and pulled me in! I can't say how addictive this stretch is...on too many levels.

Ultimately it's a combination of acrobatics, yoga and thai massage. It involves two people, a base and a flyer - carefully and attentively going through various poses that test their trust, core strength, flexibility and partner flow. Super similar to adagio - it's fun stuff...check out this vid!

No comments: