Monday, January 11, 2010

Burning Room

It is important for me to frequently remind myself that the beauty and the soul behind the art oftentimes has a direct correlation with suffering and feeling the bite of life. While I do not promote suffering for the sake of art, I do trust that acknowledgment of whatever may preexist will indefinitely lead to some serious risk taking, wide angle thinking and lo - something that will make people FEEL. They can always tell when your path is contrived.

I think a lot about leaving space - space for applause, space for engagement, space for a ripple, space for time to shift. Last night my mind wandered into the realm of trees and roots, fungus and the space betwixt them all - the magic, the subtle energies at play, the whisper of the ethereal...Today I leave space for the pain.

I came across this video today. Methinks it hits the nail on the head.

Never underestimate your truth. You wouldn't want to be a performer who cannot relate to their audience would you? This is what they tell me...You've got to find the attachment point.

No comments: