Sunday, August 17, 2008

*~It's All Abouts The Voltage Sirs~*

There's something interesting that happens when you step foot in a grove or redwood forest after spending your entire life stuck in a whirlwind of smog, tall tall skyscrapers, and parks inhabited solely by hobos. Something interesting happens when you give yourself time - to do what? Doesn't really matter...Time to bike, time to romp in nature, time to sleep - to sweat - to dance.

I thought I was close to hitting that moment where I would just walk away from performance forever. While there are things going for me on all levels, I felt as if there was NO TIME for training, for experimenting, or for even loving my craft. Truth is - there is NO TIME...but you have to give yourself the time to work on making things come to fruition...because there is no time. If that makes sense...No time to sit on arses. No time to wait. You see, it all depends on the context in which you speak.

I am in the hills of Santa Cruz. I have had the most delicious burrito/salsa bar combo ever. I've been riding a :MoJo: style tweaked/freaked/technicolorized custom bike (yes, complete with hot pink duct tape accents - thanks Agler). I've ridden that bike miles and miles. I've smoked a whole bunch. Gotten my headspace nice and spread out and churning and WAIT - I think I've met one of the most productive stoners of all time...an amazing musician, stencilist, conversationalist, human....CODA!!! (finally, I come in contact with the other half of all those amazing beats from the Mad Zach/Coda combo sampler.)

Yep, things are really going swimmingly out here. But most importantly I've given myself the time to really fall back in love with my arts. This trip marks the beginning of the rest of my life. I have no job to return to once I get home, I've no fears, no obligations...I've allowed myself to stretch and breathe and be and lo - I'm really feeling like...dizzy...spinny...with possibility.

I realized last night that I was sleeping waaay more than partying once out here. And then it hit me - sometimes, though the city is great and will swallow you and teach you and give you orgasms big as nature itself -- sometimes, you need space and peace of mind.
Everyone's been talking about this recession that's around and about - as ole' :Milkman: said -- it's a recession of peace of mind. So--

I've decided to be mindful and give myself that peace.
Thus far, my body thanks me. My soul thanks me. My heart...well, it waits for its other pieces to gently land next to it in a field, on a hill, or in a tent somewheres...but yo - all that soon come.

Folks, this is important. And if you've thought that this was a ramble thus far...well, it was. But if you are to leave your monitor with anything from this - know -
YOU MUST GIVE YOURSELF THE TIME, SPACE, AND LOVE NEEDED TO MAKE PROGRESS. PROGRESS DOESN'T JUST HAPPEN. SOMETIMES...RUNNING AWAY IS REALLY RUNNING TO.

Moreover, when you find yourself hitting that moment...when you're like..."AH-HA!" and the electric bitch comes out...remember - it's all about the voltage.

{:LovEvolve:}

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Live it, MoJo.

Anonymous said...

Finally had some time to check this shiit out and yo mama I like.

"sometimes running away is running to"

I live in houston now for godsake.

Anonymous said...

Oh that was me chiko by the way. I dont know how to use this lol.